|Make Your Voices Heard Today
from TEA Party Patriots
On Dec. 16, 1773, the Boston Tea Party took place as American colonists boarded a British ship and dumped more than 300 chests of tea into Boston Harbor to protest against a government unrepresentative of the people. Today, as the Congress rushes towards a vote to thrust us deeper into debt and burden us with earmarks and pork barrel spending, we hope they’ll think about the Boston Tea Party and all of its implications. Whether Congress remembers the country’s history or not, Tea Party Patriots do, and we are watching them.
Today, we are asking you to celebrate our heritage and history and make calls to your Congressman and your 2 Senators protesting the Obama Tax Compromise and the Omnibus bill. Will you do that to commemorate the Boston Tea Party?
You are apart of this movement because you, like our Founding Fathers, are fed up with out of control government and you, like our Founding Fathers, want to do something about it. Let’s continue to work hard over the next few days to make our voices known and let these Congressmen and Senators (both current and the incoming freshmen) know that we are serious about restoring fiscal responsibility and our Constitution to this great country of ours!
There are 3 bills that need to be defeated and it is coming down to the line on these bills. They are:
1. Dream Act
2. The Obama Tax Compromise
3. The Omnibus Spending Bill
For those who prefer brevity and for us to cut to the chase, here is is what you need to do. The sad fact of the matter is that the phone calls and faxes alone are not working. We need more action and we need it now! If you are truly committed to our core values and you truly do not want to see even more out of control spending in DC, we need you to sacrifice more of your time. So, continue making phone calls, get your friends and neighbors involved, and then do as many of the following as you possibly can.
So, here is what is needed the very most:
1. Go to your Congressman’s local district office. Tell them in person that you do not want these bills to pass. Leave a note, hand write it on the back of your Christmas shopping list if you have to, to tell them you are serious about not passing these bills.
2. Now, go to both of your Senators’ local district offices. Again, tell the staff at each office that you do not want these bills to pass. Leave a note at each of these offices.
3. Go online to your local newspaper’s website. Find the articles about these bills and leave your comments about why your Congressman and Senators (use their names) should not vote for these bills. As unbelievable as it may seem, their staff gives this as much if not more credence than your personal phone calls and office visits. (Go figure!!)
4. Stage an impromptu protest. If you have the time to stay at one of the district offices and protest with signs do so. If someone honks in favor of what you are doing, wave them into the parking lot. Call the media and let them know what you are doing and why. If you cannot go to one of these offices because of your work schedule or you are simply unable to drive, we understand. At the very least do the following and encourage everyone you know to do the following as well:
1. Call both of your Senators and tell them to vote NO on these bills. Tell them to support filibustering the bills to prevent them from a final floor vote.
2. Call your US House of Representative and tell them to vote NO on these bills. Tell them the elections were a mandate for fiscal responsibility and a yes vote on these bills is a yes vote for fiscal irresponsibility.
3. Call Sen. Mitch McConnell and Speaker Designate John Boehner and tell them to have their caucuses vote no. Remind Speaker Elect Boehner that he ignored the will of the tea party when he appointed the “House Leadership” so now we hold him accountable for all of the upcoming votes.
4. Sign our NoTaxCompromise.com petition.
5. Change your facebook status and ask all of your virtual tea party to do what you have done.